Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sad News

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. I have very sad news to report. Coach passed away on Monday, January 26...which is the same day that Coach "Bear" Bryant passed (just several years earlier). We are all hurting but hanging on. I'm very sad that he won't be around to teach me to throw the ball, tailgate, come over and cook out, etc. etc. We will all miss him greatly and I cherish the small amount of time that I had to get to know him.
Coach being recognized on the field at a Bama Game for one of his national championship teams.
Coach walking on the field next to Coach Mal Moore (the current UA Athletic Director)
Me & Coach playing b/f a Bama game.
Coach, Mommy and Gran watching the LSU-Bama Game in New Orleans.
On a positive note, due to the unfortunate circumstances I was able to spend lots of time w/Aunts and Uncles that I never get to see. I also met some of my cousins for the first time ever. I loved playing with cousin Shaelyn. See my pics below.
Me & Cousin Shaelyn (Check out Butler in his usual place begging to get in the back door)
Mommy painting Shaelyn's face.
Me & Shaelyn at the hospital trying to bring smiles to everyone's faces.
Me, Cousin Ahley and Cousin Shaelyn.

3 comments:

The Sylvesters said...

My heart aches for you and your family. Coach was a great man and will be deeply missed. We love you bunches!

diegmannobgyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.