Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Happy Birthday America and Happy 13th Month Old B'day to me. Two great birthdays with two great reasons to celebrate...and to do so we went to Pop and Meme's condo in Perdido Key. The weather was perfect, and I can't wait to go back. On my actual 13 Month Old B'day I finally took my first steps. Everyone was so proud (including me)....but I'll try not to brag. Then, the rest of the weekend was jammed pack with way too cool things....we went on a long boat ride, saw fireworks, had large cookouts, hung out at an island with about a million other folks, and last but not least....went to the Flora Bama. Yes, you heard me right...I'm no longer a Flora Bama Virgin...I did it on the line!
OK...So what if I passed out on my first trip to the Flora Bama....I wore myself out dancing and flirting with all the ladies. Don't worry, I woke up about 45 minutes later with my groove on again! I was just peeved when they kicked me out that night...something about me not looking old enough....even with my receding hair line. Go figure...I'll take a Fake ID next time for sure!
I'm just waking up....
OK...Now, let's party!
Check out the babe behind Daddy...Boy oh boy was she feeling the music!
Why the somber looks you ask.....because this is the day we had to go back home to B'ham :(
Pop's Boat....
Look at me standing all by my lonesome...just like a big boy!
We took one last dip in the pool before we hit the road...our plan to leave late to avoid the gridlock traffic on the interstate didn't work. Oh well...worth every minute of it. Thanks Meme & Pop...I can't wait to come back next time, with my little brother in tote!

1 comment:

Julia Young said...

KATIE - I am so going to hire you as my photographer for Jaley! These pics are wonderful and I can't believe how CUTE Emerson is -well ok, I can believe it - since he has such a pretty momma and handsome daddy - but he is adorable and those pics are beautiful! Miss you muchly!!